Leadership Haywood has become one of the most prestigious organizations in Haywood County. Each year, a select group of local leaders learn not only what is going on in our business community but, how they can make a difference. The program builds community relations through in-depth view of cultural, economic, historic, social, educational, and environmental and government resources. The result is that the alumni have made countless contribution to the community and it quality of life.
Leadership Haywood connects participants with prominent civic, business and government leaders.
Day-long programs are scheduled the third (3rd) Wednesday of each month September-May. Graduation will be held at the Annual Dinner in June. Applications are due by September 9th.
Leadership Haywood Objective
Leadership Haywood is a program designed and facilitated by the Haywood Chamber of Commerce to develop informed, active and involved leaders for Haywood County. The program takes an intensive look into the social, economical and political dynamics and their impact on our community.
Leadership Haywood will inspire participants, build relationships and strengthen leadership skills needed to be an effective leader.
Leadership Haywood 2016-2017 Meeting Dates
- September 21, 2016: 8:00-5:00 – Team Building
- October 19, 2016: 8:00-5:00 – SIMSOC (Mandatory)
- November 16, 2016: 8:00-5:00 – History of Haywood County/Arts/Culture
- December 21, 2016: 8:00-5:00 – Healthcare
- January 18, 2017: 8:00-5:00 – Community/Diversity/Religion
- February 15, 2017: 8:00-5:00 – Local Government & Law Enforcement
- March 6, 2017: 8:00-5:00 – Economic Development & Tourism
- April 19, 2017: 8:00-5:00 – Education
- May 17, 2017: 8:00-5:00 – Environment
- June 2017: TBA – Graduation
Tuition for Leadership Haywood is $650/Haywood Chamber members & $750/non-members
Download the Leadership Haywood application form HERE