An affiliate organization of the Haywood Chamber of Commerce, Young Professionals of Haywood (YPH) engages young professionals through the core values of professional development, networking and community service to make Haywood County a better place to live, work and play. YPH is comprised of a diverse group of business professionals that represent a wealth of business sectors in western North Carolina. Young professionals, between the ages of 22 and 40, are invited to join this growing community by participating in monthly networking, community service and professional development. Membership is available for an annual fee of $35 per individual and $15 per additional member (couple or company). View our member listings.
Activities and events take place on a rotating basis.Past events have included networking events at Frog Level Brewing, the Herren House and Maggie Valley Club; Professional Development Breakfasts featuring speakers including Meridith Elliot Powell and Nyda Bittmann-Neville; and Community Service Projects with United Way, KARE, Habitat for Humanity and the Hunger Free Haywood Manna Food Drive.
Presenting Sponsor Stanberry Insurance
- December 17, 2015: Networking Lunch, 12-1:00p
Kanini’s Restaurant & Catering
1196 N. Main Street
- January 28, 2016: Networking Breakfast, 8-9:00a
Junaluska Bookstore & Café
(Located across from the Terrace Hotel)
N. Lake Shore Drive
- February 25, 2016: Networking Lunch, 12-1:00p
39 Miller Street
- March 24, 2016: Networking Breakfast, 8-9:00a
66 Commerce Street
- April 28, 2016: Networking Lunch, 12-1:00p
Frankie’s Italian Trattoria
1037 Soco Rd
- May 26, 2016: Networking Breakfast, 8-9:00a
West Waynesville BoJangles
1826 S. Main Street
- Directory Listing on YPH website featuring: Name, Company Name, Job Title
- Invitation to Members Only Annual Meeting
- Opportunity to participate in Networking, Professional Development and Community Service activities with other young professionals in the area
- Discounted registration to Professional Development Events
- Opportunity to serve on YPH committees including, but not limited to: Networking, Professional Development and Community Service; and general Chamber committees including, but not limited to: Haywood County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, Governmental Relations, Business and Economic Development, Women in Business, Green Initiative and a wealth of event committees.
For more information about YPH, contact the chamber at 828.456.3021.