The Haywood Chamber of Commerce is a business organization dedicated to promoting the economic growth and vitality of our members and the development of the regional marketplace. As such, we are constantly curating resources to serve our membership in their continued growth and expansion. Visit our Resources page often for the latest in leadership, advocacy, development and innovation:
- Improvement, expansion, growth, and innovation are appropriate goals for anyone in a leadership position. How do you get there? Robin Sharma’s 73 Best Business & Success Lessons from international leadership consultant and coach, Robin Sharma.
- Want to elevate your leadership style to epic status? Don’t miss these informative and engaging TED Talks.
- What’s your leadership status? Shooting for greatness? Here are some trade secrets from industry leaders that will help make your role unforgettable! Inc. magazine’s, 7 Things that Make Great Bosses Unforgettable.
- Innovation Isn’t Always About Technology. Sometimes the breakthroughs that really count are about your leadership style and skill set.
- Leadership is an art and a skill. Who inspires you? 12 TED Talks on How to be A Great Leader
- As an addendum to our Small Business Development Series, don’t miss this excellent article on steps to achieving a leader’s mindset. Own Your Life and Career: 8 Steps to Achieving a Leader’s Mindset from the Huffington Post.
Our neighbors at the Asheville Chamber have designed the following tool kit to answer frequently asked questions and serve as a resource to allow your voice to be heard:
How can my voice be heard?
- Become educated and vote on issues.
- Encourage family, friends, and employees to register and vote.
- Contact your Legislature by phone, email, letter, or visit
- Educate your friends, family, coworkers, and employees on issues
- Testify at City Council and County Commission hearings
- Volunteer on a political campaign
- Still working through your business plan or are you an established company that just can’t seem to get your brand to catch on? Check out this informative article published in the Harvard Business Review, Why Simple Brands Win. Excellent information to construct a new battleground for customer loyalty!
- Are you thinking about updating your brand in 2016? Be sure to read this article, How Color Affects the Way Brands Are Perceived from the Quinlan School of Business at Loyola University, Chicago.
- Looking for ways to STAND OUT in the workplace? Check out this article highlighting 6 habits for getting noticed, Building & Promoting Your Personal Brand.
- Planning to update your marketing strategies? Don’t miss this insightful article from Inc. Magazine about brand, color choices and the power in combining the two: Psychology Explains How to Choose the Perfect Color for Your Brand
- What’s your trade secret to keeping a room engaged? Great speeches and presentations are more about solid planning and careful editing than eloquence or charisma. These 8 habits can make you look and sound like a leader without your breaking a sweat. Check out this article from Inc. Magazine: 8 Habits of Great Public Speakers. How does your style stack up?
- Ever noticed that the most successful entrepreneurs are more than just great business people? Don’t miss this article from Forbes, 7 Self-Limiting Behaviors Successful Entrepreneurs Never Do
- 5 Ways Introverts Become Highly Successful Entrepreneurs. Does this article describe your authentic self? If so, success in business may not be as elusive as once thought by the masses. Here are 5 strategies to help all personality types succeed.
- Are you ready to play at peak performance? Consider Robin Sharma’s Rules for Being Amazing
- Have you heard the BUZZ about the Periscope phenomenon but not quite sure what all the fuss is about? Check out this quick & easy introduction.
- TIPS FOR BUSINESSES: . (1) Notify appropriate entities of any contact information that has changed over the last year. (2) Brush up on your social media connections. (3) Review your website for outdated material and information. (4) Update your calendar with special events, seminars and member opportunities at the Chamber. (5) Set a date to speak with all your employees to identify goals and intentions for the upcoming year that will drive your business success!
- Why is participating in Chamber events throughout the year such a huge “member benefit?” Forbes Magazine explains, Why Word of Mouth Marketing is the Most Important Social Media
- Hoping to build a billion dollar company? Find out what success secrets Nextdoor cofounder, Sarah Leary, shared at the 2015 Fortune Most Powerful Women Next Gen Summit.
- If you’re looking to start a business these days, simply adding bells and whistles to a product isn’t enough. People aren’t looking for individual items anymore, they want to have a full-service experience that will not only solve their problem, but excite and delight them at the same time. Don’t miss Why Customer Experience is the New Disruption from VentureBeat.
- Here are 4 tips to help drive customer loyalty in a globally competitive world. 4 Things that Keep Customers Coming Back, from Inc.